Thank you all for following along with American Diabetes Month. As we've seen, diabetes is a huge public health problem with staggering economic repercussions. Fortunately, many of the more serious symptoms can be controlled with proper diet and exercise. One of the most important parts of managing any chronic disease is a positive outlook. If you live with diabetes, reach out to others in the same situation. Start a running club, share recipes, and do your best to be happy.
Here is a short list of some of the many resources out there for diabetic patients and health care practitioners:
- American Diabetes Association
- Diabetes Mine
- Diabetic Recipes
- Tips on exercise for diabetics
Books for patients:
- How Can Chinese Medicine Help My Diabetes?
- Controlling Diabetes Naturally with Chinese Medicine
Books for health care practitioners:
- Practical Therapeutics of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Treatment of Diabetes With Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus with Chinese Medicine
- Typical TCM Therapy for Diabetes