This is a demonstration video showing some very deep needling, as well as through-and-through acupuncture, where the needle goes in one side of the body and comes out the other. Most American acupuncturists aren't trained to do this kind of acupuncture.
If you've never had acupuncture, please don't be alarmed. I would bet big monies that no acupuncturist in the U.S. would use such long needles. Most of us use 1-inch or 1.5-inch needles and get great results. For very fleshy areas we may use a 3-inch or 5-inch needle.
Unfortunately the video quality is not great, and there is no sound.
The points are:
- 太沖 Taichong LV3 - or 行閒 Xingjian LV2
- 足三里Zusanli ST36 --> 承山 Chengshan UB57
- 申脈 Shenmai UB62 --> 太溪 Taixi KI3
- 環跳 Huantiao GB30 or thereabouts
- Threading the inguinal canal
- 肩髃 Jianyu LI15
- 肩貞 Jianzhen SI9 or Naoshu SI10 --> 肩前 Jianqian
- 曲池 Quchi LI11
- 合谷 Hegu LI4
- 翳風 Yifeng SJ17 or possibly 完骨 Wangu GB12